Sunday, February 2, 2014

Heart of Gold... and Blue and Silver and White...

Here's a very simple Valentines set made using STAEDTLER push molds and STAEDTLER Fimo Effect clay. These are a mixture of Fimo Effect translucent and metallic gold swirled together to make a marbled effect. I used the push molds to make each halves of the heart beads, then I joined them together before baking and curing the pieces. 

I sanded the heart beads after they were hardened to make them super smooth.


I also made some super simple beads. Just balls of clay with holes. 


I made swirly beads by turning a worm of clay around a toothpick and baking it. 



I think I like the cool icy colours a bit more.


Hope you're having a cozy weekend in. 
We're getting hit again with another frosty dumping of the white stuff.
A good opportunity to play with my clay.
:D


3 comments:

The grandmommy said...

These are really very pretty!

Kellie Mowat said...

They were a very simple and fast project too! I think push molds are really great stress relievers, and the marbled clay was fun too.

Suzycue63 said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing!