Saturday, March 28, 2015

Lavender Biscuits

A few weeks back I scored some organic culinary lavender from the local spring garden show and I've been itching to make these shortbread biscuits ever since.


This is the pack from Steed & Co . The lavender I used in our flax seed pillows was theirs also.



I used this recipe from one of our vintage cookbooks.


I mixed in about 3 tbsp of the lavender to a double batch of dough.


I formed the dough into a log instead of flattening it in the pan and cutting wedges.


I wrapped the cookie dough log in some cling film and twisted the ends tight. I popped it into the fridge for a few hours to chill before I baked them off.


I removed the dough from the fridge and unwrapped it. I rolled the dough log in some large crystal decorating sugar before slicing off 3/4 inch thick slices for baking.


I put them on some parchment lined baking sheets and used a fork to dock holes into each cookie.
I baked them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 - 15 minutes. Just until they started to turn golden around the edges.


These are a delicious tea treat. I they're such a spring time thing.
Hope you get a chance to try them too!


No comments: